How to Use Linux on Mac through a Virtual Machine?
With the increasing advancement, now users can install Linux on their Mac along with Windows. If you are looking for specific methods to include it in any of your systems, then immediately read the below-written article to execute the process.
Install Linux via Parallels
In case the user wishes to install Linux via parallels, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Go to the File and select it on the Parallels toolbar.
- After that, click on the New option.
- Then spotlight ‘Download Ubuntu Linux’ beneath the Free Systems.
- Click on the Continue option.
- Thereafter, select the Download option to download a Linux copy
onto the system.
After installing, Linux wishes you to add a fresh password for the user of Parallels. You should also select ‘Not Listed’ to add a fresh user of UNIX. Regardless, log into the UNIX account.
- Go to the Parallels Tools box and enter the freshly created
- After that, click on the OK tab.
- Now, reboot the virtual machine at the pop-up.
Install Linux via VirtualBox
In case the user wants to install Linux via VirtualBox, not album, then abide by the provided steps.
- Navigate to the VirtualBox and select the New option.
- Then add a name for the Linux virtual copy.
- You should select Linux as the installation type.
- Thereafter, choose the Linux version to use.
- You have to click on the Continue option.
- Select a Memory Size.
- With the help of the recommended minimum or choose different
numbers up to the maximum.
- The additional memory you assign for the virtual OS, the
speedier it will be.
- You should click on the Continue option.
- After that, select the ‘ Create a virtual hard disk now’ option
- Click on the Create option.
- Verify the ‘VDI (VirtualBox Disk Image)’ as the hard drive file
- You have to choose the Continue option.
- Later, verify the Dynamically allocated for space.
- Now, select the ‘file location and size’ option.
- Finally, choose the Create option.
The instructions over are just the top part of installing Linux on the Mac. You have to download a Linux copy to work using VirtualBox to complete the
- Go to the Ubuntu website and download the Ubuntu Desktop.
- You should click on the Download near to the newest version of
- Then verify to download.
After downloading the file is finished, navigate back into the VirtualBox:
- Spotlight the Linux instance at the left-hand side of the
- After that, select the Start option.
- You should select the File button at the prompt window.
- Then choose the Add on the upper left-hand side.
- Locate, then spotlight the Ubuntu file you recently downloaded.
- Go to the Open option.
- Later, use the fresh file spotlight, select the Choose option.
- Now, choose the Start button.
Set the Settings
In case the user wishes to set the settings, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Spotlight the ‘Linux virtual installation at the foremost screen of VirtualBox.
- You should click on the Settings option.
- Then go to the Display option.
- Modify the ‘Scale Factor’ from 100 to 200 percent.
- Now, click on the Start option to begin Linux on the Mac.
Recent Post and Updates